FINALLY…. got this complete. I had some details that I wanted to incorporate into one piece, and here it is.
Details to note:
-1” graduated gusset
-personally textured and “aged” leather that remains structurally sound and holds its shape
– seams with scalloped welts
– repeated scalloped welts on the top, the French binding on the flap, and the binding of the front
-flap lined with alum tanned goat
– same goat leather used for the pocket on the front
– antique botton closer for pocket
-buckle cast from an original and included the maker’s mark on the back
– fixed and floating keepers mirroring the scalloped motif
This is a dandy and will serve you well in the field and as a display.
$280 + $18 shipping and insurance
Made by Shelly Gier
Contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Both Jeff and Shelly are reenactors who began by creating items for themselves. They attend many living history events a year. In their free time they piddle around their farm where they make wines, ales, and fill their pantry with home-canned items. They can be found hunting, trapping , and fishing. Sometimes, they incorporate their trophies in their custom work.