Double hunting pouch
Been working on this for some time, and finally completed it. LOTS of details. I have been experimenting with some different techniques, and there are at least 3 on this one.
– 8” x 8”
– front part of double has 1 3/4” tapered gusset with delicate green scalloped welt in the front and folded green welt in the back
– back part of double had delicate green scalloped welt
– decorated flap with French binding and delicate scallops
-home smoked alum tanned goat for lining of flap, front and back, as well as small pocket on front
-body is made of oak tanned goat.
– keeper matches pouch with green scallops
– buckle cast from original
– hand stitched with fine linen thread ( 10 inches to the inch)
This is extremely functional and well thought out, and based on an original shape and style. It will hold your gear, help you stay organized , stand the test of work and time, and look good, too.
$320 plus $13 shipping and insurance
Both Jeff and Shelly are reenactors who began by creating items for themselves. They attend many living history events a year. In their free time they piddle around their farm where they make wines, ales, and fill their pantry with home-canned items. They can be found hunting, trapping , and fishing. Sometimes, they incorporate their trophies in their custom work.